If you would like the simple “download & go” install that CodeIgniter3 is known for, choose the manual installation.
If you plan to add third party packages to your project, or want to keep CodeIgniter up to date easily, we recommend the Composer installation.
- Composer Installation
- Manual Installation
- Running Your App
- Upgrading From a Previous Version
- Upgrading from 4.1.4 to 4.1.5
- Upgrading from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4
- Upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3
- Upgrading from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2
- Upgrading from 4.0.5 to 4.1.0 or 4.1.1
- Upgrading from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5
- Upgrading from 4.0.x to 4.0.4
- Upgrading from 3.x to 4.x
- Upgrade Models
- Upgrade Views
- Upgrade Controllers
- Upgrade Configuration
- Upgrade Database
- Upgrade Emails
- Upgrade Encryption
- Upgrade Working with Uploaded Files
- Upgrade HTML Tables
- Upgrade Localization
- Upgrade Migrations
- Upgrade Pagination
- Upgrade HTTP Responses
- Upgrade Routing
- Upgrade Security
- Upgrade Sessions
- Upgrade Validations
- Upgrade View Parser
- CodeIgniter Repositories
However you choose to install and run CodeIgniter4, the user guide is accessible online.
Before using CodeIgniter 4, make sure that your server meets the
requirements, in particular the PHP
version and the PHP extensions that are needed.
You may find that you have to uncomment the
lines to enable “curl” and “intl”, for instance.